Sunday, June 6, 2010

Theodosia Bassett Keyes - by Tia

What a life she had! Learning more about her I understand why she just wanted to be left alone to sit in her chair, pet her dog Shaggy and watch episodes of Jeapardy and He-Haw. When she and grandpa Roskelley lived with us I was only about 4, but I have vivid memories of her. I don't remember what I said, but one time I was playing in the living room and she was in her chair and I said something (probably "stupid" or "shut up") and she called me over to her and in her old senile way slapped me across the face and said, "don't you talk like that!" I was crushed and ran off to my room to cry. I remember the night she died in our home, the bishop coming over and sitting in the hall listening to the adults all talk. I didn't fully understand it. Shortly after she died Laura, Beth and I had to sleep in the same bed she had died in and I was MORTIFIED! I had bad dreams and couldn't get to sleep for months!

No comments: