Sunday, March 22, 2009

Picture Time - by Tia

At the beginning of each new school year my sisters and I would ride our bikes to Pic N Save and use our paper route earnings to purchase a few new outfits for the coming year. The beginning of 3rd grade was no different and with a fresh perm given to me by Trina - I was ready to start!

During the first or second week of school I wore one of my new looks - black stirrup pants, a large red t-shirt gathered by an elastic hair band at the waist and my hair in a half-side-ponytail secured by a sequined elastic arm band (thank's to a recent dance recital costume). I remember going to school and everyone complimenting me on how cute the outfit was. I thought,

"Man, I am really in style!"

So, the next day I wore it again - except this time I didn't get as many compliments. I was a little confused. That afternoon the teacher reminded us that the following day was our class picture day and that we should bring or wear to school the outfit we wanted to be photographed in.

What outfit do you think I wanted to be photographed in?!

The one that had elicited so many compliments of course!
So, now somewhat embarassingly, I wore the SAME OUFIT FOR A THIRD DAY IN A ROW!! Who let me out of the house? Apparently noone in my family noticed and my poor teacher didn't dare say anything. I saw nothing wrong with it (which in and of itself is a problem).

3 comments:

Preds Girl said...

LOL!!! Too funny!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

That picture of you is so cute! I love your stories.

Beth said...

You look so cute, Tia!!