Saturday, March 28, 2009

My "new" bike - by Tia

I can't remember how old I was excatly but I think I was about 7 or 8. I had saved up my paper route money and finally had enough to buy a new bike at DI. I think I spent $5.00 on it. I remember driving it home so excited that I finally had my own bike! As my dad unloaded it from the back of the car, Beth came running out to see it. She insisted on riding it and though I protested (aka - threw a fit) my Mom told her that she could. She hopped on the bike and pedaled toward the street. As soon as she hit the end of the driveway and rode onto the sharp gravel between it and the street there was a loud "POP" and the tire went flat. Even though she apologized, I was so angry and the tears could not be held back. I remember it took me a few more months to save enough money to buy a new tube and tire.

No comments: