Monday, March 23, 2009

Track Meet: By Cody


As I mentioned before, I often went to watch Laura at her sporting events. I wrote in a different blog entry about the time Laura dedicated a foul line basket to me, and then proceeded to miss the shot. When I mentioned the story to Laura, she reminded me that during the same game, she stole the ball from a member of the opposing team and then did a lay up at the wrong basket. Luckily, she missed that basket, too. Well, on a different occasion, I was watching Laura run a cross country race at Kiwanis Park. Laura was really running well at this particular race. During the race, I stationed myself at different places in the park and cheered for her as she went by. As she came down the home stretch, I cheered her on. As Laura ran passed me, I heard her say, “I’m peeing my pants!” Perplexed, I thought to myself, “Did she really just say that she was peeing her pants?” As Laura crossed the finish line, I watched mom congratulate her. I also watched mom and Laura walk straight to the bathroom. Sure enough, Laura ran so hard during the race that she wet her pants. After that experience, I decided that I would be a really good coach because I knew how to push athletes to their physical limits. Yea right!

1 comment:

Tia said...

I loved going to their track meets!