Thursday, March 26, 2009

Surprise party - by Tia

Cody's story reminded me of my own experience with a surprise party. When I was a freshman in high school I decided that I wouldn't have a traditional birthday party - I was in High School and thought I was too cool for it now. However, as my birthday approached I changed my mind. Two days before the fateful day I began calling all of my friends to invite them to come to my house that Friday at 6:00 pm for a party. I don't remember what I was going to do with all of them once they got there, but I invited anyway. Some accepted, some had something else to do and I understood - it was only two days away. Friday came and my best friend Breeanne came over at about 5:30 to help me set up for the party. 6:00 came and went and noone showed up. By 6:20 I started to feel sad and couldn't figure out why not even one person had come. As I sat on my bed in my room feeling sorry for myself Beth came in and told me that she had planned me a surprise birthday party but that it wasn't supposed to start until 7:00 pm and that was the reason everyone was "late". I couldn't believe it! She had gone to all of the work to plan me a party! At 7:00 everyone showed up and we went ice-skating and had a great time. It turned out to be a really great night - thanks Beth.

No comments: