Monday, November 17, 2008

English Leather- By wade


When I was 15 my life revolved around Basketball. I was on my own financially and Bought all my own clothes, which was a fact of life. I saved my money one year and bought me the best pair of basketball shoes. The Flight 89's were my first good pair of Nike's ever.

One day while brushing my teeth I noticed a leather conditioner on the sink called English Leather It had a picture of a saddle on the container. I had seen my dad's leather conditioner and it was a solid goop in a can this was in a stick. I took the English leather and applied it to my new shoes. The leather was much softer after the application and they had a pleasant smell to them.

A few hours later Able and Adam Smith came over and I told them about how soft my shoes were and how nice they smelled. They said it was a good idea but snickered when I told them I had put English leather on them. I, not knowing what was in store, went and produced the stick of English Leather at which time Adam began to howl with laughter, gasping through the laughter he said "You put deodorant on your shoes?" followed by great heaving belly laughs.

I knew there was such a thing as deodorant but I was never taught or told what it did, where it went or that you were supposed to use it on a daily basis. I had seen cans of Right Guard but I thought it was only for Grown ups.

Cody was the one who took me aside and explained the whole hygiene thing to me.

1 comment:

I like hike said...

Ah yes, but I think the time you shaved your eyebrows topped that one!