Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Leavin' town- By Wade


We were going on a trip to palasades lake, every one was getting ready, when the final call came. "Get in the camper". I heard feet scampering out the front door as I was holding 1 green shoe with white stripes down the side,in my hand and shuffling through the pile of crap in my closet looking for the other. It was at that point I saw my He-man on the floor, and thought he would be a nice addition to my camping gear. I found my other shoe in the storage area and ran up stairs and out the front door. There was the red and white Chevy with a camper on the back rolling around the corner off to vacation with out me.
There was no build up to the sobs that came, I lay down on the ground and cried, knowing they were not to be back for several days. I cried myself to sleep lying on the door mat, on the porch. I don't know how long I lay there but mom later told me they got to Nephi before Trina asked "Where's Wade?"

2 comments:

Tia said...

Oh, poor Wade. How old were you?! That is so funny.

Megan said...

Poor Wade. Wade, you're a genius with this blog. If you can't tell us these stories as our home teacher, then this is the next best thing.