Monday, November 10, 2008

Marlboro man- By Cody

One cold winter day, I was sitting in the family room watching the fire in the fireplace. As I sat there, I noticed the pile of extra news papers from Dyke and Chad’s paper route. I then thought to myself, “I wonder what it is like to smoke?” With that thought, I looked around to make sure that no one else was in the room. I then grabbed a rolled up newspaper, and stuck one end of the paper in the fire. Once I got a good flame, I blew it out, and then put my mouth over the other end of the newspaper. I took a deep breath, and suddenly my mouth felt like it was on fire. I started choking and coughing uncontrollably. My eyes were watering, and I seriously thought I was going to die. As I coughed, I heard mom call from the kitchen, “Cody is that you, are you alright?” I did not want mom to know what I had done, so I threw the burnt newspaper in the fire, and then ran into the kitchen to get a drink of water. Concerned, mom again asked me what had happened. I then told a big lie about how I had gotten smoke in my face. Ironically, I have never had the desire to smoke since that time. close to the fire and got some the burnt newspaper in the fire, and then ran into the kitchen to get a drink of water. Concerned, mom again asked me what had happened. I then told a big lie about how I had gotten smoke in my face. Ironically, I have never had the desire to smoke since that time. close to the fire and got some

No comments: