Thursday, November 27, 2008

Uncle Gary’s Fault: By Cody

I was walking in front of the Chamberlin’s house with Josh Smith. Josh stopped and picked up a little rock off of the side of the road and then said, “Watch this.” He then proceeded to throw the rock under a car as it went around the corner. I smiled and said, “Cool!” I then began to process in my mind how I could do something that would top Josh’s feat. I then picked up a stick that was about two feet long and one inch in diameter. I looked at Josh and said, “I’m going to skip this right under the next car.” Josh looked at me and said, “No way!”

We didn’t have to wait long before a car came around the corner. I threw the stick and it hovered threw the air, hit the road, and then hovered back up into the air and hit the car right in the door. The car slammed on its brakes. Josh ran towards his house, while I ran towards ours. I ran threw the front door, down the stairs, threw the laundry room, and out into the back yard. As I ran into the backyard, I could see that Uncle Gary was in the backyard visiting with some of my family members. I ran towards Uncle Gary because he was standing between the tower and a cherry tree. I was headed for the garden, so he was in my direct path. As I tried to go around Uncle Gary, he picked me up and said, “Where are you going in such a hurry?” Just then I heard mom call out the kitchen window, “Codyyyyyyyyyyyy, you get your little butt in here!” I knew that I was doomed and it was all Uncle Gary’s fault. Had he not picked me up, I would have made it into the garden and down to the railroad tracks. Uncle Gary put me down on the ground and said, “Sounds like your in trouble. I think you better go see your mom.”

Well, I did go and see mom. She took me in to her bedroom and gave me the hardest spanking of my life. All I remember was mom said, “Did you throw a stick at a car today?” I said, “Yes.” She then put me over her legs and said, “That man could have sewed us.” She then began to spank in sequence with each word that came out of her mouth. The sequence went something like this, “Don’t (spank) you (spank) ever (spank) ever (spank) do (spank) that (spank) again (spank).” She then sent me out of her room. I ran out the front door and then I saw Uncle Gary’s truck. When I saw that truck, I wanted to kick it. In my little mind the whole thing was Uncle Gary’s fault because he kept me from getting away. I then decided that I was going to hide in the camper (the one that sat on Dad’s truck) until Uncle Gary left.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow, do I remember those spanks! I remember her telling me how many she was going to give me before she administered punishment. Man, I'm glad those days are over.