Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thats my truck- By Cody


One year before Christmas, mom showed Wade and me some trucks in the Sears catalog. For some reason, mom kept pointing out a diesel truck to the both of us. I didn’t want a diesel truck, so I told mom that I wanted a 4X4 truck that was jacked up and had removable wheels. Wade decided that he would take the diesel. Well, on Christmas morning, I was surprised when I unwrapped a diesel truck that I didn’t want. Attached to the box of the diesel truck was a note from mom that said, “I felt that the diesel truck better fit your personality, if you still want the other truck, you can trade with Wade.” After reading the note, I looked over in time to see Wade opening up the 4X4 truck. I quickly went over to Wade and asked him to trade with me, but he would not. Later that Christmas morning, I again tried to get Wade to trade with me, but he said that he like the truck that he got better than the diesel truck.

Well, I did eventually get the 4X4. One day Wade and the Smith boys threw rocks at some of the Tonka trucks owned by the Vanderpool boys. Mrs. Vanderpool found out about what had happened and told mom and Sister Smith. As a result, Wade and the Smith boys had to give some of their trucks to the Vanderpool boys. As Wade was walking out the door to give the Vanderpools his 4X4 truck, I stopped him and said, “Wait, give the Vanderpools the diesel truck, and give me the 4X4. Well, Wade took my advice, and I got my truck. The Vanderpool boys liked the diesel because their father was a truck driver.

No comments: